Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jonah Hex returns to animation!


Jonah Hex is building quite a collection of animated appearances. Its no surprise, he's a great character that deserves more exposure then he's gotten in the past.

At the end of July DC Premier is releasing their new animated movie Batman: Under The Red Hood, and as a bonus feature there will be a short film starring none other than Hex himself; for obvious reasons I'm very excited.

Well imagine my surprise when I went to the Newsarama comic site and found that 3 new images have been released from the short! While I'm not surprised by the decidedly dark tone of the images, I was still...a little surprised....and certainly delighted.

Here's what Newsarama has to say about the short:

Scripted by renowned author Joe Lansdale and starring the voices of Thomas Jane (Hung), Linda Hamilton (The Terminator), Michelle Trachtenberg (Mercy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Michael Rooker (Days of Thunder), the DC Showcase short is based on the award winning comic series. The short is rated PG-13.

In the DC Showcase story, the tough-as-nails bounty hunter Jonah Hex always gets his man - until someone else gets to him first - in this case a murderous madam who wants to steal more than just her bounty from Jonah Hex.


Sounds like a great cast! My only wish is that it were feature length. Maybe next time. You can find the images HERE and Batman: Under The Red Hood will be released on July 27, 2010.

4 comments:

Ashe said...

On the Batman side, I'm not sure how I feel about the Joker's design. On the Hex side, well...let's go with a resounding fanboy squeal.

Cory Gross said...

I'm forcing myself to overcome expectation with the live-action Hex film, but animated ones scripted by Joe Lansdale sound full of awesome!

The Infernal Mr Adams said...

Yes, Lansdale always (at least in my opinion) does good Hex...I wish the movie was an adaptation of Two Gun Mojo...adapted by Lansdale of course ;)

I agree Ashe, Not sure about the Jokers design...but also not sure about the new Voice actor for Batman....I guess we'll see.

Free Best Movies said...

I don't get why Jonah Hex is receiving much low ratings. It is rattling diverting, and has teemingness of activeness and shadow comedy. I've never read any of the comics, so I couldn't comparability it. Josh Brolin pulls an surprising execution as Book Hex. One night, Jonah's dominating official, Quentin Turnbull murders Prophet's phratry and brands his tackling with a hot implement.