Friday, November 27, 2009

New Official Jonah Hex Picture!



I was thinking of taking the week off for the Thanksgiving holiday, but this just came out today and its too good not to report on! Warner Brothers has released the first official photo for Jonah Hex and its perty dern cool.

Its just a front portrait type-shot, no action, but I like it!

Being a big fan of Jonah, I was kind of hoping they would do a little more with his wonky eye. In the comics they always show his right eye as being wide open and, more or less, dead. I understand that that would be difficult to do, but I kind of wish that they had, at least, given him a contact lens or something. Maybe they are planning to do something digitally.

Of course you can't see his eyes in this picture so it seems a little pointless too bring it up....but you can see them (and other pictures) here. I also like the tease of his scar...which, in the world he lives in, is legendary; everyone knows about the scarred bounty hunter Jonah Hex.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (or just a great Thursday for my non-American readers) and are ready for the long weekend. The Weird West Emporium will reopen on Monday.

'til then...Adios, Pards!

4 comments:

Cory Gross said...

I recall reading an interview with Josh Brolin where he said they attempted to work with the eye but it was just too punishing. According to him, the mouth involved a lot of tape and latex as it was. With the low budget, they couldn't justify trying to CGI the eye and make him look more like Two-Face in The Dark Knight. Alas!

I'm more perturbed about the whole "rising from the dead" business. Not that I'm necessarily opposed to it... It just comes off as too Crow-like and unnecessary. We'll see how it plays out when we're each first in line ^_^

FilmNoir23 said...

I think the pic looks great too, and I am not worried about the eye. I think the more subtle the better...NO CGI please!!!

Let the acting and the story carry things.

The Infernal Mr Adams said...

Cory - I was thinking with all the dust and the sun they probably had to deal with, I'm sure a contact lens would have been out of the question....but it sure would have looked neat to see Jonah with a frosty blue (or blood filled) dead eye...but I totally understand why they didn't go that route. And I suppose no CG is better than Bad CG :D

I'm saving judgment on the Zombies. Jimmy Palmiotti said that there is actually no Zombies in the film, but in Two Gun Mojo, there is a realistic way of doing them (more like the Zombies in Haiti) so, yeah, we'll see ;)

Personally I wouldn't mind Jonah Zombie fighter, but that's just my own tastes :D

Todd - I agree completely! I would sacrifice making Jonah COMPLETELY messed up if the story and characters are really well done...lets hope its a good film!

Cory Gross said...

Oh, I don't mind the zombies... I'm just mildly concerned about him being The Crow ^_^