Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Mah Pistols, They Tell a Story...."



So Lionsgate released this, which makes me think it could be, if not good, at least fun....because they did release the superior film, The Burrowers (Which I will get to reviewing soon) I will say this about the Burrowers, Its probably one of the best Weird Westerns Ive seen in a LONG time, very serious, but with interesting characters you actually care about, and full of human horrors; not just the monster kind. Its a very unusual film in a world where a GOOD Horror Western movie is so rare.

Now THIS film, which I haven't yet seen, looks either really bad, or really.....I hesitate to use the work good. The trailer is fast paced, and it has a driving Latin beat, and reading about the film, I know that it was shot in Argentina.....but the selling point for me is the strong female lead, a gunslinger named Clementine Templeton, who seems to be a girl monster hunter, maybe? Or maybe just a gunslinger trying to escape her past.....

Ugh, who am I trying to fool, this movie is going to suck, but that's just my own opinion, I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

Until then, check out the trailer to see what I'm talking about:

3 comments:

Steve M said...

Trailer looks like the film could be entertaining...looking forward to you thoughts on it.

Have you seen Dead Birds (2004)?

The Infernal Mr Adams said...

Thank you! I'm not holding out that it will be good though :)

I did see Dead Birds, It was pretty good, but I felt like it dragged a bit at the end. It was certainly better than some Weird Westerns though.

Ive been thinking of doing an article on it at some point.

Steve M said...

Yes, know what you mean about the ending seeming to go on a bit. Thought the build-up to what was going on was done well though. I'll look forward to your article on it.