Friday, April 10, 2009

Ghoultown! Heeeeeyah!



If anyone does something that could be called "Weird West Music", its the Gothic, Horror Rock, Country Western band Ghoultown. They are sort of the equivalent of the Ghastly Ones, or Satan's Pilgrims but with a decidedly Spaghetti Western flavor.

Their songs have a heavy horror, supernatural edge and tend to be about dead gunfighters, Werewolves (On Wheels), Zombies, and most other things that make us Weird Westerners squeal like little girls with delight.

I will say this, I don't think that they are a perfect band, I like MOST of their stuff, but sometimes a song will come on that I don't find very interesting, or a lyric will be sung that just clunks right to the ground....sounding ever awkward on the way down. Then they will Surprise me with a VERY Spaghetti Western sounding song like To The Gallows or the infinitely catchy Bury Them Deep and the disappoint I had for what might have been is lifted to their potential.


But don't take my word for it have a listen and decide for yourself:

1 comment:

spajadigit said...

What are the best songs? I'd like to buy them for my 'pod...